Volunteer with WellMama
WellMama is proud to be a volunteer-run organization. Volunteers are truly the heart and soul of our work! We welcome new volunteers to our organization on a regular basis and welcome all applicants, with no prior training required.
*New! Check out our THREE types of volunteer trainings and choose the one that’s best for you:
1. Outreach & Events: This training is for all prospective volunteers who are interested in supporting perinatal mental wellness in our community. Volunteers will learn about the history of WellMama, our services, and the basics of perinatal issues being faced by WellMama clients. This training is shorter than our peer support volunteer trainings, and no experience with pregnancy/postpartum/loss is required. Volunteers will learn how to contribute to WellMama’s fundraising efforts, outreach events, social media and marketing, childcare, and organizational management. This is a great place to start for new volunteers.
2. Peer Support: This is for prospective volunteers who have already experienced pregnancy/postpartum difficulties (depression, anxiety, birth trauma, NICU, adoption, surrogacy) and are now wanting to give back to the community as a peer support volunteer. Peer support volunteers provide judgement-free empathetic support to parents who are struggling. This training will give an overview of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, as well as provide practical training in how to become a text support volunteer, a leader of our in-person support groups, or a facilitator of one of our facebook support groups. This training would also be appropriate for perinatal health care providers who want a more in-depth training of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
3. Loss Support: This is for prospective volunteers who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss and are now wanting to give back to the community as a loss support volunteer. Loss support volunteers provide judgement-free empathetic support to parents who are grieving the loss of a pregnancy/baby. This training will give an overview of how to provide space for grieving parents as well as provide practical training in how to become a loss text support volunteer, a leader of our in-person perinatal loss support groups, or a facilitator of one of our facebook support groups.
Self-paced, Online Training Now Available!!!
All volunteer training now virtual and open to those outside of Lane County, Oregon
Here are the steps:
- Fill out the volunteer interest form here (below)
- WellMama will send you a welcome email and a form for you to indicate your specific volunteer interests
- WellMama staff will send you a handbook and details via email to include sending you a link to join the WellMama Volunteer Training. (*make sure to add our email to your contact list so we don’t get lost in the spam folder)
- After training WellMama staff will meet with you to finalize your role and continue to provide one-to-one mentorship in your volunteer position.