Postpartum Support Services
First of all, congratulations on your baby! What a big transition you are going through, whether it is your first baby or not, this is a time of both joy and pain, and sometimes some surprises! You deserve a community full of opportunities for connection, and we are here for you through whatever you are feeling. Most of us here are WellMama struggled after having a baby, in many different ways, and we are here to walk with you through your specific journey.
Dads, co-parents, support partners, and loved ones – don’t think that we have forgotten about you! You are welcome in many of our groups, and hope that you will join us to learn more about your own mental health during this time (because guess what, you can get perinatal depression & anxiety too!), as well as supporting your partner.
WellMama groups are led by trained facilitators, with lived experience, and are designed to help and support all parents and caregivers. We offer support of several topics, and we offer opportunities to learn to handle stress related to being parents, dealing with depression or anxiety, or would like to meet others in similar life stages, we are here for you! Non-birthing people/support partners are also welcome! All our groups are free to attend. All Groups are 2SLGBTQAI+ friendly.
Infant & Toddler Parent Support
2nd Tuesday 11:00am-12:00pm
Join WellMama peer support volunteers and staff @ Springfield Public Library after story time to connect with other parents who are navigating they early years as parents.
New Parent Support
Following Baby Connections, @ Parenting Now. This group offers a supportive space to connect with other parents, while receiving support and access to resources. Soporte en español disponible.
Late Night Postpartum Support
Thursdays 7:30pm – 8:30pm
This virtual group provides a supportive environment for sharing your feelings and concerns about your postpartum journey through the first year. We welcome all parents on any type of post-baby journey. Learn skills to help you cope, reduce anxiety, set realistic expectations, and ask for what you need.
Playdate & Parent Support Group
2nd & 4th Friday 10:00am -11:00am
Does your baby/toddler need to get their wiggles out while you get support? All parents are welcome in this group to talk about the realities of parenting a crawler/toddler. Join us at Adventure Children’s Museum in the Valley River Center.
Evening Parent Support
Are you dealing with the stress of pregnancy, postpartum, and parenting while also navigating work? Join this weekly meetup to share with other parents who are trying to balance relationships with partners, work and parenthood. All parents and support partners are welcome.
Let us take care of dinner and childcare Friday evening to let you get in a good mindset for the weekend. Join us @ Parenting Now, drop in when you can anytime 5-6:30, for support for working parents and partners, with a light dinner and childcare available.
Processing Postpartum Transition through Writing and Art [Link to workshop page]
ZOOM, Four Part Series: 10-11:30am on 4/15, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6
The transition into being a new parent – even when you already are a parent – can transform your daily existence and sense of self. In this workshop we will use writing, art, sharing, and discussion to process and explore the various stages of that transition. All experiences and emotions are welcome, and you don’t need to be a writer or artist to participate! Sharing is encouraged but not required.
Be sure to register to receive a writing and art kit. Spots are limited.
- Learn more [link to Perinatal wellness education page) about Postpartum Depression and anxiety here and do a self-assessment.
- Individual & Couples Counseling – Click HERE to access information about our partnership with Center for Community Counseling. [link to counseling request page]
- Text Support Line – Text ‘Support’ to 541-525-0495 anytime to receive support from a trained peer support specialist.
- One-on-One Peer Support Services – Let us know if you are interested in One-on-one peer support with a certified peer support specialist that has gone through what you are going through. They will meet you where you feel comfortable, whether over the phone, Zoom, a park, or your home. Our peers can talk with you about what you are going through, help with finding you other resources (like basic needs), and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Postpartum Support for Dads/Partners – Yes, Dads and partners get postpartum depression too. If you or a Dad/partner in your life is showing signs of postpartum depression, please reach out to WellMama for resources and support or call the emergency lines should the depression worsen. Learn More [Link to postpartum depression in men page]
- Birth Trauma Supports: Birth trauma can happen with you’ve experienced a frightening or traumatic event in your birth. We are here to support you through healing. Learn more here. [link to birth trauma page]
- Safer Sleep Information – accurate and nonjudgmental information about safer infant sleeping, including co-sleeping. Learn more here. [Link to Safer sleep page]
- Facebook Support- A safe, private space for new and expectant parents to share experiences and support one another in an online platform. Click here to visit our Facebook Discussion Group.
- Facebook Support- NICU Families: Join the Facebook Group Here.
- Facebook Support- Twins & Multiples Families: Join the Facebook Group Here.
- Facebook Support- Single Parents Support: Join the Facebook Here.