Center for Community Counseling Partnership
We are excited to announce a partnership with Center for Community Counseling! We recognize that it can be difficult to access therapeutic services right now. Wait lists can be long. Paperwork and intake processes can be difficult to navigate, and finding a good fit within limitations of insurance systems can make it feel very challenging. Couples counseling can be particularly hard to navigate.
WellMama provides peer support services for pre-and post-baby journeys. We frequently get requests to help with the process of getting a counselor/therapist. This partnership will quicken the process for WellMama clients to get access to counseling services quickly and easily. Center for Community Counseling’s mission is to make therapy accessible and affordable for those who have no others means of getting support.
What is it?
Center for Community Counseling & WellMama are partnering to offer Individual and couples counseling services for families that are expecting or have had a baby within the last 2 years, or have adopted a child, experienced a pregnancy loss, or the death of their infant, or any other reproductive health event that causes stress, anxiety, or depression. Relationships during this period can be particularly strained, and we invite our families to participate in couples counseling to strengthen that bond before and after baby arrives.
CCC brings in Master’s Level Interns that are learning and growing as therapists. WellMama will be providing further training and support to designated interns to help them specialize in Perinatal mental health and family syste
Do I qualify?
You qualify if ANY of the following situations describes your situation:
- You have no insurance
- You have private insurance but cannot afford the copays or deductibles
- You have Private Insurance or OHP and you have tried but cannot find an available therapist
- you are not needing crisis support, but rather would like weekly therapy to process what you are experiencing
What is the process?
First, read the information on this page, then fill out this interest form:
Once you submit the interest form, it will give a screen that will have a link to submit an intake form that will go to Center For Community Counseling intake team. We would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with you to walk you through the form if needed and learn more about what you are going through and get you connected with additional resources. We also encourage you to continue or start attending regular WellMama support groups during this time.
Choose What you would like to experience:
- 8 sessions focused on better understanding and coping with emotions and life challenges. A counselor will call you within 10 days to set up your 1st appointment. The cost for all 8 sessions is $40.
- Counseling: (6-12 months) to understand yourself more fully and develop insights and skills to help you overcome past trauma and life’s challenges. The services includes an intake ($20) and weekly sessions at $5-10 a session.
- 8 sessions focused on anger management to increase your skills in coping with stress or irritation without becoming aggressive or expressing rage. A counselor will call you within 10 days to set up your 1st appointment. The cost for all 8 sessions is $40.
What does it cost?
Center for Community Counseling requires anyone accessing their services to pay a one-time fee of $20, as well as $5-$40 per session assessed on a sliding scale.
This partnership is being supported by a grant from the Lane Community Health Council. If you need financial assistance, please us know.